ONGOING RECRUITMENT FOR THE POSITION OF A HOUSEKEEPER/CLEANER IN CANADA
To clean and maintain our establishment. This means sweeping, mopping , dusting and cleaning/doing refreshes for the hotel. You must have good time management skills, be able to prioritize duties and be time efficient.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans and disinfects all common areas including living, bedroom, dining room, bathrooms, and other areas as directed.
- Thoroughly Cleans and disinfects resident suites including telephone, furniture, kitchen (appliances and utensils etc.) and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents, mirrors and windows.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms, mops.
- Wash linens/ beddings.
- Vacuums and cleans/shampoos carpeted areas.
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures.
- Empties and cleans all waste containers and transports the garbage to designated areas.
- Makes up beds and changes linen as required.
- Straightens and rearranges furnishings as directed.
- Maintains utility and storerooms in a tidy and sanitary condition.
- Reports any damaged or unusable furniture and fixtures.
- Attends in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops, etc. as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Maintain inventory of the supplies.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience in the hotel industry is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent (preferred)
- First Aid & CPR Certificate preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player and customer service -oriented.
- Good listening skills and the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Flexible work hours from time to time as per need basis.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 Hour Shift
- housekeeping: 2 years (Required)
- cleaner: 2 years (Preferred)
- Canadian: 3 years (Preferred)